A vacancy has arisen for the post of Publicity Officer for the Society. This is a key officer role and a great opportunity to become involved with the running of Cornwall Birds, promoting it to a wide audience.
The Publicity Officer is expected to actively seek opportunities to publicise the Society and its activities, act as the first point of contact for media enquiries and assist with the planning of Society events.
- Update the website with relevant society news as well as requests from other organizations that are relevant to our members.
- Keep our social media pages and groups up to date with topical posts and where possible recruit volunteers to assist with this task.
- Create opportunities for favourable publicity through the promotion of the Society’s activities; e.g. projects, surveys, field meetings and talks.
- Deal with requests from the media and signpost them to the Board member best equipped to deal with the enquiry.
- Assist with the planning and publicity of Society events, for example the AGM, indoor programme and online events.
The Publicity Officer may be a member of the Board of Trustees. It is possible that the social media content may become part of a job-share.
Anyone interested might like first to contact the Chair or Vice-Chair for an informal chat about the role: Bruce Taggart (07704 550818), Pete Roseveare (07955 216836).
Applications detailing relevant experience should be sent to Nick Watmough ([email protected]). Closing date: 10th June 2023.